- 09 Feb 2021
Want to score top grades in your assignments? Avoid committing these mistakes to nail the task
Assignments, course work, and homework are an inevitable part of a student's academic journey. Irrespective of the academic level, you have to perform well in your assignment assessments for the successful completion of your degree program.
A well-written assignment showcases your writing skills and research abilities proficiently. To make the most out of your scholarly writing task, being aware of the common writing mistakes will serve as an added advantage. Continue to read ahead to avoid committing these errors in your writing and score the highest possible grades.
- Inability to write a creative title for your assignment: This is quite a common mistake that students usually make while composing their academic assignments. Your professors or readers will have no interest in reading your content if it comes along with a poor title.
Creativity does play a huge role in enhancing the first look of your assignment. You need to develop a suitable title that helps your write-up to stand out in today's competitive times. The stronger the title, the longer it will hold the attention of your professor, and who knows he might even read your text piece till the very end.
- Opting the wrong tone and style for your assignment: Students should always aim to represent their personality and individual voice through their academic writing. However, going too far away with it can be a mistake. Remember that you are writing an academic paper and not a personal diary therefore, only use professional style and tone.
- Lack of proper references and citations in your appointment: This is a very common mistake that every second student commits while writing an assignment for his program. After writing a lengthy assignment, students often dread thinking about the tedious referencing and citation process.
References and citations are important to enhance the authenticity and originality of your assignment, therefore, do not make this mistake and never add any quotations or statements in your papers without proper references.
Until it is a universally known fact you have to put your sources properly. Do not forget to follow the format accepted by your university.
- Writing off-topic to cover the word limit: Students often get off the topic while writing their assignments as they are unable to conduct extensive research and thus do not have enough material to cover the word limit. They start revolving around different directions to proceed ahead with the text.
You try to stay on the topic but if you fail to do so, you can communicate with your professor or supervisors and ask them for suggestions for conducting better research and finding something suitable.
- Neglecting the format of your assignment: Organizing the content of your assignment in the wrong way can harm your overall grades. The professors and mentors expect the students to follow a specific style while writing their papers. Improvising your own style can impact you a lot. Make efforts to get familiar with the rules of the referencing and writing format to provide a proper shape to your document.
- Using plagiarized content for your papers: This is one of the biggest mistakes you can commit while writing your academic assignments. For those of you who do not know, plagiarism refers to the scenario in which you present the ideas or words of other people as your own without providing proper attributions.
Keep in mind that you won't be able to get away with it. Most academic institutions do check the submitted assignments through an electronic system and if the content is plagiarized there are serious consequences.
Always triple-check that you haven't copied the content of your assignment from any other sources. You can easily use the free online plagiarism checking tools to evaluate your paper before submitting it to your professors or mentors.
- Lack of evidence for your arguments: You are expected to use multiple resources to back up your arguments while writing your academic assignments. Without adequate evidence, your assignment might be a flop.
All of your findings require validation with the support of other academic works and theorists. You will have to critically analyse each and every point of your research results to draw logical conclusions and explain how it relates to the past theories.
- Neglecting editing and proofreading: You will be surprised to know that there is a large population of students who do not bother editing and proofreading their assignments after spending hours or even days writing their papers.
You might be an excellent writer but the rush of meeting stringent deadlines can lead you to make silly mistakes from time to time. Of course, a few spelling and punctuation errors might not impact your grades to a huge extent but multiple minute errors obviously will.
Therefore, do not forget to spare time for editing and proofreading your assignments help before submitting them to your professors and mentors. You can also share the assignment with your friends or family as it is always better to have a fresh set of eyes to review your text piece.
No matter what the format of your assignment is, editing and proofreading are always going to be beneficial.
- Procrastinating writing assignments till the last moment: It is the most common mistake that almost every other scholar makes. Students think that they can write their assignments perfectly in just a few hours and thus keep on pushing the responsibility to the next day.
As a result, you end up pulling up a stressful all-nighter or sharing a lousy assignment. Many times you also have to face late submission penalties as you could not finish the task in time. You need to understand you should start working on your course work as soon as possible so that you do not feel overwhelmed with the responsibility at once.
This will help you to compose a more thought-provoking assignment that will fetch the highest possible grade for you.
- Redundancy lowers readability: Using the same ideas, thoughts, and words again and again in your academic assignment lowers down the overall quality of your document. You should always try to spice up your wordings provided you use them in the right context.
Redundancy or repetition can provide your write-up a sense of rush and dullness. It also reflects that you are not completely aware of the topic covered in the paper. This definitely won't put you in good stead when it comes to being evaluated.
So, do not simply write unnecessary sentences just to increase the word limit. Make it brief and logical to gain the highest possible grades.
If you are struggling to develop your academic assignments on own your within the stipulated time frame, you can get in touch with the dexterous and dedicated team of the Myassignmenthelpau portal and get expert assistance from a Ph.D. or Masters qualified subject-specific expert from your background at highly affordable rates.
Place an Order To get 30% Discount
- Excel Data Visualization 26 Oct 2021
- Online Classes 21 Oct 2021
- What Have We Learned About Distance Learning 11 Oct 2021
- Ways to Meet Your PhD Deadlines 07 Oct 2021
- How To Avoid Distractions While Studying 29 Sep 2021
- Confuse For Selecting the Best College 24 Sep 2021
- Scholarship in Europe 13 Sep 2021
- End To End Expert Guide for Selecting the Best College 04 Sep 2021
- MBA In Canada 26 Aug 2021
- Assignment Skills Students Need to Adopt In 2021 24 Aug 2021